Friday 17 August 2007

Loose Jaw.

Had an appointment today and as I was waiting the woman that got called up before me had the weirdest last name. Lovegrowth… Mrs Lovegrowth. Which is such a good name. Classic.

Once again couldn’t get any black ink yesterday (yep, still hand gold and white but no black) so I made the trip today to another and way better art shop which is great but in a rough part of town and tucked out of the way. Not only did it actually have black ink it had two kinds of black ink (irony). So I bought both. Ones a “Liquid Indian ink” don’t know what’s different about it apart from its not waterproof. I’ll test it out at some point.

Looking at all the paint and stock in that art shop set my mind back to my early college years when I tried out painting. Which ended when (A) I realized my strength was more in my line work and didn’t translate will into paint and (B) I got a Mac and decided to learn Photoshop. Which was sad, as I had spent loads on Gouache paint, which now just sit in a plastic bag drying out. So I thought I have a quick go at colouring a sketch today. I thought I’d draw a Zombie again as I’d enjoyed doing the Zombie Lake one. I had fun drawing it. The loose jaw and flies buzzing around the brain was my favourite bit.

Before:


After a quick and sloppy paint job. I made him green Zombie lake style. Enjoy.

No comments: