Friday 13 October 2017

Vote Reedy.


So here’s some pre-Halloween fun, and something to celebrate today’s Friday The 13th.

As part of the SLASH-UPS Halloween art show at the end of the month happening at St Mary In The Castle, myself and James were ask to pick four horror movies (two each) to be put up to the public vote as to which one should be screen on opening night. 

While I’ll leave James to pimp his two choices (The Shining and Nightmare On Elm Street) on his own social media accounts, here’s my two movies, and why I think you should vote for them: 

Evil Dead 2: I have to say, if I had to pick one feel good, always makes me feel better for watching it horror movie… it would probably be this one. I watch this film a lot growing up. I think it’s the one horror movie that gets the scare to laughter ratio just right (maybe only Re-Animator comes closes to matching it). There’s something about the tone of Evil Dead 2 that I think just works really well (plus everybody loves a horror movie that has a self-mutilation scene with a chainsaw, no?). 

Friday The 13th Part 3D: Yep, you read that right, friend. Vote for this flick, and I’ll personally lend St Mary my HD, US imported, 3D Blu-ray for the night if people pick this film. What better way to spend a Halloween night out this year, then watching an old school, 80’s, 3D, Slasher movie. I go back-and-forth on whether I like Part 3 or Part 4 better. But I honestly think the third Friday The 13th movie is the most watchable and fun instalment of the series. Jason isn’t over designed and looks iconic in that green shirt and hockey mask. 

I’m sure James will no doubt have his own rebuttal on why you should vote for one of his two horror movie choices (only he won’t, though… He’s the Theresa May of horror. He just expects your vote and won’t campaign for it.)

I don’t think voting is open very long, so don’t delay in having your say and casting your vote. The easiest way to do this is to head over to their Facebook page and comment with the horror movie you want to see.

I will give updates on this screening as they come in, but I do recommend if you want to vote, to do it sooner rather than later.

No comments: