Sunday 21 September 2014

Babayka-Lives Message Board.


When I first started Babayka-Lives in very late 2013, the only comments I got were just bucket-loads of spam. To stop this ungodly wave of evil spam, and because I was also a little worried about spoilers from people who had read the graphic-novel getting posted under the web-comic, I turned the comments off. There wasn’t enough pages posted yet to really warrant any real comments anyway, so I didn’t feel like anyone was missing out. But that said, it’s not unreasonable that people might want somewhere online to leave their comments\thoughts. So with that in mind, I’ve started a Message Board for readers. After nine-months and 56-pages, it feels like the right time to open it up to the public again.

I’m just giving it a few months trial. I’ll try it throughout the remainder of 2014, and if it doesn’t get any action, or becomes unmanageable, no biggie, I’ll just delete it and we’ll reboot to how it was before. I’m gonna treat this new message board as an experiment. I am very aware that forums have been known to go bad (I.e. Spam, Trolls, etc) and have to be hacked off like a recently zombie bitten infected limb, but I’m giving it a try anyway. I’ve been thinking for a while it would be nice to have somewhere off-site where people can gather and intermingle. If it doesn’t get uses and it’s not something people want, I’ll just retire it in the new year.

So to sum up, if you’ve been wanting to comment on Babayka-Lives, or maybe interact with other readers of this web-series, here is your chance. Just head over to the web-comic and you’ll see there’s a brand new link in the header-bar. Follow it and click on the Babayka-Lives: Comments\Thoughts\Feedback thread and have your say.

No comments: