Saturday 27 April 2013

Fistful Of Thumb-Nails.


I’m currently back in the land of being creatively constipated again. Since finishing up Project B.O.B. a little while back, I’ve done one pin-up that I thought was so-so, and one Dracula fan-art piece I liked. I’ve also done pages-and-pages of thumb-nails. I guess it’s just a case of working out the bad ideas, until the good ones come along. Like panning for mind gold. At least it gives me time to play around in my sketchbook, I guess. Bottom line, I have no idea what I’m gonna draw next and I’m finding it a bit frustrating.

Right here-and-now, though. Here’s a profile sketch of everyone's favourite count. I think he actually looks a bit cooler from the side. You get the hooked nose thing going on. I’d love to turn this into a pin-up if I could figure out a way. It’s what he’d look like if they were gonna put his face on a coin or stamp or something. Maybe I’ll put a crown on him and turn it into a bit of Anno Dracula fan-art.

No comments: