Saturday 6 April 2013

Apocalypse Mama.


If you said (C) Mutants, you’re a winner.

This was me just easing my way back into drawing after a short break, really. Single Mum gunning down rampaging mutants in an apocalyptic future seemed as good a place as any to start back with. Wish I had better Photoshop skills, so I could drop in a nice apocalyptic sky. Something radioactive and multi-coloured, maybe. But it was fun drawing them mutants. They’re a bit small, so tiny details like extra nipples and scary, screaming faces might be lost on casual viewers. Zooming in is highly recommended. My first thought while designing this shot was for it to be a Zombie pin-up… but then I thought the world was by now surly bloated with too much Zombies art, so I went Mutant instead. I really liked the two-headed lead mutant (again… wish I had drawn him a tiny bit bigger), I may very well try and flesh this character out a bit more in my sketchbook, and have another go at drawing him at some point. Who doesn’t like two-headed mutants?

Must be tough being a single mum in a post-apocalyptic, mutant-infested scorched earth…?

No comments: