Wednesday 10 October 2012

Stray Teeth.


So I’m gonna post a finished lettered page fast, before I forget again. Let start with one of my favourites from the very first issue. Ok, there’s only a few speech-bubbles on this page, but the good thing about this page is it works pretty well on it’s own as a one-page story. So I thought it would be a good place to start. Plus, like I say, I think it’s one of my best pages, even if it is from late 2009. This short scene is from very early on in the book. It’s drawing this scene that really made me feel like I was doing a horror comic. I always think of this scene as a little nod to a certain famous scene out of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. As horror omens go, ownerless teeth appearing out-of-nowhere is usually a sign that things are about to turn very unpleasant. Plus it’s really fun drawing teeth.
    
I will try and post a wordier page or two in the coming future. I’m trying to find the perfect page that gives away a little, but not too much. But anyway, that’s how a finished lettered page of this graphic novel looks. That’s my attempt at comic-book lettering. Hope you enjoy. More to come.

No comments: