Sunday 7 October 2012

Shall We Begin?


I’ve posted this image before as part of my ID montage on Deviantart, but here it is officially. I’ve also left the speech-bubble on, as I think it looks cool. I have a nasty feeling, previously, I’ve said I’d posted more artwork complete with lettering, so people can see the finished artwork… and then forgot I’d made this promise and never did. Whoops! What I may do in the coming weeks (if I don’t forget I’ve said this, too) is maybe post some fully lettered finished page at some point. I have unlettered ones up on my Deviantart page, considering I’m in the final stages of this mini-series, maybe it’s about time I started to leak more details about this book. I will try and keep this in mind as we plough through what’s left of 2012.

I do like this above panel. Not being able to post any gory (or just scenes of a macabre nature) spoiler heavy panels, it’s maybe sometimes hard to set the tone of this mini-series without giving too much away. But I’m hoping panels like the above one do set some kind of sinister atmosphere. The day when I can stop being all tease, no show, is happily not too far off in the distant now. This ain’t gonna be the sequential counterpart of the Blair Witch Project, there will be payoffs (although I do remember some publisher did a really good one-off Blair Witch comic back in the 90’s drawn by Guy Davis, which was actually very good. Way better than the awful studio sequel, that’s for sure.)

I have no idea how I’m gonna handle posting panels from Issue #4 yet. I think it’s fair to say I’ll be posting considerably less on account of every panel is pretty much a massive spoiler.

No comments: