Sunday 1 April 2012

Re:Covered.

As you can see, I decided to dump the previous cover to issue #3, and go with a totally new concept in the end. I thought the art on the first try was lacking, slightly. Also I made the very amateurish mistake of not leaving enough room for the titles. Plus I thought it was too humorous, considering this was the issue when things really start to get nasty. Also, I was going for a Lovecraft tentacle feel with my previous cover (because that’s very in vogue at the moment), but really there’s very little tentacle action going on in this mini-series. It’s maybe a misjudged moment to be jumping on that overcrowded Lovecraft bandwagon, with this cover.

So here is the cover I’m going with. I think cute girls with cattle-prods, and bought over the internet riot-gear is way cooler than tentacle-chic. Plus it sums up my comic better. The theme to both covers is pretty much the same. Certain character seconds away from big, big trouble. I realized, drawing this cover, it’s quite fun drawing chicks in riot-gear. It’s something I’d like to return to. The outfit was meant to look a little more thrown together, and I was going to go with an American-football helmet, but it’s hard enough to tell the attacker is a girl already. Also I like the contrast between riot-gear and polka-dot socks, panties. Tiny feminine clothing and big, bulky gear made for fighting. It’s a fun idea to play with.

DeviantArt copy HERE.

No comments: