Tuesday 11 October 2011

Work Hard, Fail Hard.

Just time for another quick ‘Before And After’ shot. To be brutally honest, I’m not crazy about either of these shots, old or new. I was trying a couple of things in the old shot and they didn’t really pan out. Plus the first shot is really off-character (meaning the way he’s drawn doesn’t really match up with how he ended up looking… God knows why I gave him ears like The BFG, for some reason?) I think the new shot is drawn better, even if the angle is a bit more boring. In my head, this character was going to be huge. Not just fat, but massive and grotesque. However, as I started to draw him, that idea kind of slipped away and he just ended up being chubby. The first shot is more of a call back to this original concept, but sticks out because I didn’t keep the idea going. I think the new shot is ok. I probably wouldn’t be posting it if I hadn’t gone to the effort of redrawing, if I’m honest.

It’s harder and harder to find good tunes to stick on my MP3 player as I get older. Of late, I’ve really been getting into Two Steps From Hell. They do all the big, epic music for trailers and things. Well worth hunting down on iTunes. Many songs claim to be epic, but these really are. See>

I’ve just bought a new brand of pencil and I get to try them out for the first time today. I’m looking forward to it wayyyyyyyyy more then I know I should. The last two new brand of pencils I tried out, turned out to be duds. I need these to be winners.

No comments: