Friday 21 October 2011

Turn To Page 42.

This will probably be the last of the redrawn panels I’ll post. There’s maybe one or two more, but they give too much of the story away. In fact, this shot probably gives too much away, but too late now, I’ve posted it. Hopefully, the new panel is a lot tenser. It’s drawn better, that’s for sure.

I think next week, it’ll be time to move onto Issue #3.

Does anyone remember those choose your own adventure books? I used to love them as a kid. I only mention it as I came across this today while out shopping. If I was a betting man (which I am), I’d bet they’re coming back into fashion. It’s been long enough for them to be cool again. Truth be told, I love them, but I found them really stressful as a kid. I would take wrong choices really badly. I must have been a very stressed out kid, I guess, ha ha ha. I’d would feel like crap if I turned to the wrong page. I think I gave up playing them because I was such a bad loser. Having it all come down to a roll of the dice was too much for me in those days.

I do wonder how they’ve come on in recent years. The ones I grew up on were from the 80’s and early 90’s. I think I may hunt down some modern ones, if anyone knows any good books or websites, they can recommend. I’d love to have a crack at doing a sequential story in that style one day. I’ve just got this feeling that ‘choose your own adventure’ books done as sequential graphic novels are the next big thing. Sadly I don’t have the time to back that claim up but actually doing one, but… well… anyway… If it was well written and drawn, and the content was more adult, Hell… I’d read it. That said, a massive pain in the arse to put together, I bet. Maybe I’ll try and write one in my spare time and see if I can team up with another artist or something (wait… what spare time?)

On a side-note, I’ve just realized I don’t own a single dice (or should that be die?) For some reason, I found that fact kind of depressing.

No comments: