Friday 19 August 2011

Such A Nerd.

New shot today from Issue #2. We’re getting to the final pages now. I’m treading very carefully so as not to give too much away.

Also I forgot to mention I tarted up my Sushi-Girl picture on DeviantArt yesterday. Replaced the crappy line-work from an A4 scan with the original artwork. Also, on my laptop the colours looked a bit bright so I took them down a bit. They looked just right on my Mac, but whenever I transfer them over, the colours seem to go really bright for some reason. Colour balance is my new ultimate foe.

Was enjoy this new Tumblr I came across this morning. Hot Chicks Misidentifying As Nerds. I haven’t met a genuine hot nerdy girl for a while now. I’m starting to think they’re like the tooth fairy or big foot. Or worse yet, just moved on to the next fad. I’m not sure if ‘Geek Chic’ ever really caught on in the UK. I’m not seeing a lot of this when I’m out and about. Sadly, my faith is waning. Come on, Cosmos, prove me wrong. I want to be proved wrong.

Here my ’such a nerd’ story. I’m such a nerd that over the past few days, I’ve just been reading the fuck out of Stephen King’s Cell (a 473 page book which I started late Monday and finished late last night.) I’ve spent so many hours this week laying on my bed with my upper body resting against my head-board at a weird angle, that I now have unbelievable neck and back pains. I can’t turn my head left or right without it ending in agony, and I can’t lift my arms above shoulder level. I couldn’t even turn over last night in bed. And sod’s law, I don’t seem to be able to reach the problem areas with my trusty tube of Deep Heat.

Word to the wise, if you really are doing something nerdy, you’ll know because it usually ends with you not coming out of that situation looking so great.

It was a good book. however, which is somewhat of a consolation. It’s kind of weird reading a Zombie post-apocalyptic story where the main character is a comic-book artist. Thanks to this book, I’d be rubbish in a Zombie waste-land, right now. I couldn’t move my head left or right to check for oncoming Zombies. Climbing, aiming a gun or swinging a blunt-object is probably not on the cards for the next couple days, either.

No comments: