Wednesday 18 May 2011

Fear Him (or her…? I don’t know.)

Just because it made me laugh when I saw it.

I have to say Pokemon is a bit of a blind-spot with me. It came out just as I was getting a bit too old for Saturday morning cartoons. The last big kids TV craze I remember is The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. With Pokemon, it was that depressing coming-of-age moment when you decide you won’t be coming along for the ride with the latest, new, big cartoon craze. Now it’s ok for grown ups to watch cartoons, I always wonder if kids still do that? Turn their back on childish things? It’s always a strange feeling to see a balding, tubby man just on the cusp of middle-age, wearing an over-priced T-Shirt with a cartoon character on it. I would think seeing that sight in a mirror would only make you feel older? but I guess not.

Anyway, don’t ask me anything about Pokemon… I know nothing.

I wonder why Call Of Cthulhu is everywhere at the moment? Is it the most influential modern, horror story of all time? I think a lot of people now would say it’s Lovecraft’s greatest story ( it’s not mine, but it is a good one.) It’s a pretty impressive legacy, for a story that’s only about 30-ish pages long.

No comments: