Wednesday 4 May 2011

Creepshow: Raw

I love a good horror anthology and I love the first two Creepshow movies (third one is meant to be god-awful.) Only just heard about Creepshow: Raw, short internet movies done in a Creepshow style. This is the only one I could find and it’s from late 2009, so I guess they dropped the idea pretty quick. Still… worth a look, at least they had a go at doing a decent non-CGI monster. Saw Catfish last night. Was a tiny bit disappointed. They set it up as the twist was going to blow your mind, and to be honest I think the twist would be most peoples first guess, if they were told the premise. Also I fall on the side that it’s probably a MOCKumentary. Some of the acting by the documentary crew and the main guy is a bit ropey and at times over the top. That said, not a terrible movie, just has an over hyped twist.

Is there some kind of deep irony or witty comment going on by doing a film about someone lying about who they are on Facebook and then trying to convince the world your fake documentary is a 100% true? I can’t decide if it’s cheeky but clever, or a piss take too far?

No comments: