Saturday 21 May 2011

Best Mad Monk Movie Ever.

I always like breaking a large shot up into tiny panels. It’s an effect I try not to over use, but like to do every so often. Spread out the action a bit. This is my latest stab at doing this.

Saw a great movie this week. It was even better for the fact that I wasn’t expecting much from it. Horror Express is a film from 1973 about a monster that gets loose on a train. It’s got Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing as it’s stars and the monster is actually half-decent. It’s also got the best Mad Monk I’ve ever seen in a film. One of those Rasputin type (actually he’s a priest or something in it, but anyway.) Apart from it’s weird right-turn into Sci-Fi about half-way through it, this film is pretty good. It’s got a couple of decent scares and the special-effects put it above your average Hammer Movie (this film isn’t from Hammer.)

No comments: