Tuesday 7 December 2010

Shall We?

Decided to leave the speech bubble on this shot as I think it adds a bit of spice without giving anything away. This is my first real crack at trying to get some countryside into issue 2. More to follow in the coming weeks. I spent a fair bit of time online trying to research the right type of landscapes, and using magazines like National Geographic for references. I think it’s a pretty good shot to start off with, but doing these scenes, I realized how hard it is to do a decent nature shot without colour. With no greens or browns or blue skies. Hopefully they still have something to offer?

Been checking out this cool Moebius Tumbler. Moebius always kind of slips off my radar as his work is so hard to get a hold of in this country. I’ve heard rumours that one of the big American publishers owns the rights to his work and won’t let them be published here (not sure how true that is?) but it’s a little mystery that I hope gets solved one day, soon.

No comments: