Thursday 11 November 2010

Panic Buying.

I did indeed get back into the swing of things this week, thank God. In fact I got a bit more done then I was expecting to this week. Which was a nice surprise.

Been buying what 3D DVD I can this week. With people talking about 3D movies going out of fashion these last couple of weeks, and with 3D movies at cinemas not pulling in the audience as much lately. It’s been a good enough excuse for me to buy a couple. If 3D does just turn out to be a fad again, like in the 50’s and 80’s, I just want a small pile of 3D DVDs of my own, which I can get out whenever I want a bit of 3D action. Part of me thinks 3D is too big this time around to die. Part of me is just screaming “stock up now, before it’s too late.” I don’t think every blockbuster should be 3D myself. But I’ll miss it if it does die out over the next couple of years. Actually I’m more hoping that trashy, low-budget movies will pick up and run with 3D. 3D is a little bit trashy, that’s why it works better with trashy flicks. I can’t wait to see 3D films made by the next generation of directors in the same vein as guys like Sam Raimi or Stuart Gordon or Frank Henenlotter.

This site has been all over the net lately, but I’ve got to post a link as it made me laugh. Our Valued Customers. The funniest thing I’ve seen online in ages.

No comments: