Wednesday 3 November 2010

Double Dipping.

Thought I’d try to keep Halloween alive a tiny bit longer, by posting the unedited versions of the artwork form my last two Halloween Ecards. I.E. before I elongate them on the computer and stuck the type on.


First up is my 2008 one. It’s a couple of years old now, but I still like the look of the sweets in the head. I still love the Jelly-baby coming out the nose. I did think of trying to make this creepy looking kid a reoccurring character and use him in every Halloween Ecard, I do. But sadly I just couldn’t think of another decent creepy kid idea. He does kind of make a very crappy cameo in this years one. The little boy in the front row is meant to be him. Not that cameos really work when everyone has a pumpkin for a head.


Anyway, speaking of this years effort. As I said at the weekend, this years concept was a lot bigger and more time consuming then I was hoping for. I think it’s a good action shot and works pretty well in its normal size (actually I think they both do, hence this bit of shameless double dipping.) I like how the pumpkin getting shot in the upper left hand corner came out. And the dead pumpkin zombie below him. Maybe at some point I’ll do a normal zombie pin-up. But right now I’m gonna be trying to get as much of issue 2 done, as I can for the rest of 2010.

Ok. I guess that’s Halloween 2010 officially over… bummer.

No comments: