Friday 7 May 2010

Life During Wartime.

One of the best movies of the 90’s was a movie called Happiness from 98. Maybe one of the darkest comedy’s of all time. I never thought they’d make a sequel (it didn’t seem like the kind of film to have a sequel.) So I’m really looking forward to a movie called Life During Wartime. Mind you, this is a sequel where every character is now played by a different actor. One character has changed race and they’ve all aged at different rates…or something like that. It sounds like a bit of a head fuck, but I do want to see it.

Also on BBC1 next week is a great and underrated 70’s movie called Prime Cut, starring the great Lee Marvin. I don’t think there’s a Region 2 copy of this film out there, and it’s an really underrated movie. If you like films like Dirty Harry and Point Blank, give it a go. They really need to put it out on DVD. This movie is so unknown, I can’t even find a trailer on Youtube for it. I think this is probably one of my favorite gangster movies of all time.

No comments: