Wednesday 5 May 2010

Death By Ray-Gun.

If you’re a fan of people getting shot with Ray-Guns and turning into skeletons, then you’re in for a real treat today.

During my recent brain drought I did come up with this idea last week. I’m a big fan of the “death by ray-gun” scene in TV, movies and comics. So here’s my take on it. I did play around with the idea of having the guy being shot by a Dalek, as the first time I ever remember this effect was in the 80’s in Remembrance Of The Daleks. But I’m hoping one day to collect all my pin up artwork in an artbook and I don’t know the legal rights if I start doing “fan art” so I tend to avoid it. Plus Daleks look like a massive pain to draw.

I think now the best “death by ray-gun” scenes, are probably from Mars Attacks. Apart from the red and green skeleton colour effects, they’ll still brilliant.

I do love drawing people getting vaporized, but drawing a correct skeleton is a lot of work…fun…but hard. I get the feeling this may be a theme I come back to again.

Just been checking out this Dead Fly Artwork Gallery on i09. Reminds me of an old friend who used to keep a dead wasp glued in his sketchbook in art college. At the time I thought it was sick, but maybe he should have ran with it.

No comments: