Sunday 22 November 2009

Group Shot.

I’m about just over a third of the way through issue 1 of Project B.O.B. and looking back over the artwork for the first third of the story, I think this above shot is important, as it’s by far the best group shot in the book. It kind of reminds me of the poster for Deliverance where you have a creepy, before and after shot. The first image on the poster is just a chilled out, group shot, which was kind of what I was after here. This is my chilled out, group shot before everything starts to turn nasty. It was also just a shot to show what a weird bunch, this group is.

I drew this panel when I was feeling like complete shit. I really didn’t want to be drawing but I forced myself and fully expected the shot to turn out crap, but luckily I think this is one of the best panels so far. Just goes to show, just because your feeling like shit doesn’t mean your artwork can’t be any good. Sometimes I feel really in the mood for drawing and can’t wait to get to the drawing board and then the artwork itself just doesn’t look as good as it should. Sometimes it pays to force yourself to work. But then saying that I’ve felt like crap whilst drawing before and what I’ve drawn has been crap. It’s a gamble.

Forgot to mention on Friday something I heard while I was out DVD shopping which cheered me up. A noisy couple were walking past (you know the type) and they were in mid-conversation when the girl groans and goes-

“ Not Lord Of The Rings”

and the guy goes, sounding very smug-

“ Yep, I’m gonna teach you some history.”

At which point they both go into an awkward silences.

That good old part of English history, when we were all three foot tall and lived in the Shire, fighting Orc’s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! Yeah! I know the type. The type that proposes to his girlfriend, puts the ring on her finger and expects her to turn invisible and lead Sauron to them. (is Sauron spelled like that?)

Cardinal Paulsy