Sunday 15 November 2009

Going Up.

I have a pet hate of drawing stairs or people on the stairs. It always slows down the action for me in a story. I try and either avoid stair shots or keep them short. I’m ok with this shot (otherwise I wouldn’t be posting it) but as a rule, I dislike them.

I figure most if not all artists have a few pet hates when it comes to drawing. Like cars, animals, backgrounds, ect, ect. When I’m doing a comic, I try and write in at least a couple of scenes that I know will force me to draw something I’m not to happy doing. Forcing me outside of my comfort zone. Why? Because I secretly hate myself.

I always love to find out what other artists hate drawing. It not really something most artists will tell you about. Maybe they think people will suddenly think they’re bad artists, because they can’t draw guns or planes or sexy woman. I’ll share one more of mine, so maybe one day other artist will be a bit more forthcoming with theirs and spill the beans… ready? I hate drawing cats!!! I like the idea of drawing cats, but whenever I do they always look a bit retarded to me. I never drawn a shot of a cat I’m happy with. But at least at the moment, I’ve drawn a stairs shot I’m ok with.

No comments: