Friday 4 September 2009

It's A Shame.

I’m glad there seems to be more comics around recently with major bookshop now all having Graphic Novel sections and so on. But I have to say it does suck a little that the only European comics in these sections tend to be Tintin and Asterix. I know with European culture being more open sexually a lot of these books might be a little to hot to handle for a lot of shops but then so can a lot of Manga’s and there all over high street bookshops these days. I don’t know if it the more cartoony style with Manga that lets them off lightly where as European comics are more detail heavy. But not all European comics are erotic and I can’t help but think there got to be room for the odd Moebius Graphic Novel or something in modern bookshops.

One artist I love but can never get a hold of his work is Guido Crepax. His books seem to be like gold dust. The only work I’ve seen of his is artwork on the Internet and a copy of his adaptation of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde I got my hands on a couple of years ago. But luckily I’ve read they’re re-releasing his adaptation of The Story Of O at the end of the year just in time for Xmas (unless Amazon are playing bizarre mind games with me).

I also found recently this video about Crepax on Youtube. I don’t know what going on in this video or what being said but I just try and enjoy the pretty pictures… like most times I’m watching something on TV.

No comments: