Sunday 13 September 2009

An English Gentlemen.

If you draw Comics long enough, you find you end up drawing the same things over and over again. Someone getting punched, Two people shouting at each other, Someone firing a gun, etc, ect, But I think this is the first time I’ve drawn someone kissing someone else’s hand. Just because it was something a bit different I enjoyed drawing this frame a lot.

This shot in some ways was really all about trying to get the body languages right. It fun to introduce new characters to an audience, which is what I’m doing at the moment with these early pages. Trying to make early suggestions about what kind of people they are. ‘First impressions’ I’d guess you’d call it. That’s the fun part of doing the beginning of a story. You don’t know who’s, who yet.

Been jumping on The Walking Dead bandwagon this week. What with everyone raving about it and a TV series in the works I bought and read the first two volumes this week. I have to say the idea of doing a Zombie story as a kind of on going soap opera does work really well in a comic. I read through both Volumes in no time at all. It’s one of those stories’s where you just want to know what’s going to happen next.

No comments: