Friday 11 September 2009

B-Movie\Exploitation Movie Posters (Part 1.)

Here my plan. Since I don’t have time recently to sit down and wrote a big post on B-Movie\Exploitation movie posters. I thought I’d do them in shorter posts throughout the rest of September. Hopefully this will work out better in the long run.One thing I’d love to do at some point with my artwork is a decent montage scene. Above is probably one of the best I’ve seen for a while. B-Movie\Exploitation movie posters tend to have the best and worst of them when it comes to montages. This poster is by far one of the best. I guess the secret to a good montage shot is in the design.Nothing says B-Movie like Frankenstein blasting an Alien with a Ray Gun in Outer Space. This poster couldn’t be more B-Movie if it tried. I really want to see this flick. I know it'll probably be god awful but still...I’ve not seen this movie. I heard bits about it. I think it an early Troma movie. I really like the basic set up of this painting. The look on the face in the box is great as well. Looks like something out of an EC Comic. Most horror posters tend to have a dark palette. In some ways this poster is more creepy because it so bright. It cheeky, light heartedness is also one of the darkest things about it.

No comments: