Thursday 6 August 2009

TV Party.

Errrr, if that above title reference is a little lost on you click HERE.

Was shopping late night a couple of nights ago for DVD boxsets of good TV shows online when I saw they where putting out an early Avengers boxset later in the year. It wasn’t so much the boxset itself that caught my eye as the tagline they’d put under the review section-

“Extraordinary crimes against the people and the state must be avenged by agents extraordinary.”

Now that a tagline. That line was so great it made me wish they had a decent Emma Peel period boxset I could buy. I can't remember too much of The Avenger while growing up and to be honest I’m pretty sure they mostly just showed The New Avengers rather then the classic series.

My telly watching habits tend to be all over the place at the moment. Partly because I don’t really get much free time and it just easier to watch things at odd times online or on DVD instead. I catch odd episodes on late night TV of shows and then wonder if it worth risking buying the boxset of that show if I’ve liked one episode (lately I’ve been wondering if it worth shelling out for Deadwood or the US version of the Office after seeing bits of them on late night telly.) I’m a big fan of boxsets but they cost a lot and I hate to splash out on one only to find it a bit shit. I bought Firefly a month or two back because I’d heard so many people say it was so good and I was worried it wouldn’t live up to the hype. Which to be honest it didn’t. I’m only half way through it saying that so I might fall in love with it fully by the end. Not that I’m not enjoying what I’ve watch so far. It a lot better then most modern Sci-Fi shows. Some times hype helps a show sometimes it maybe raises the bar to high to begin with.

Finally caved and bought Wonder Woman on DVD. If only so I could watch the Wonder Woman Vs Gargantua fight in context.

I also see they’ve remade V. I only saw a little of V when I was young but didn’t it take place in the future? I remember it being like a horror version of Star Trek or something. Maybe I’m remembering that wrong. Or maybe I’m remembering the later series. I’ll have to see if there’s a decent boxset of the 80’s series about I can get.

No comments: