Tuesday 11 March 2008

You Got A Lot Of Attitude For A Paperclip.

Hopefully my time glued to a computer screen is nearing to an end. Still got a week or two to go but then hopefully I can get back to the drawing board. You find when you’re doing something stressful that little things get on your nerves. In comics because it a visual medium and not a book it best if you can say something in five words rather then twenty-five. Let the artwork take the weight of its side of the story. Only problem is you’ve got to use the right five words to sum up what your trying to say and it can take time to figure out the right words. So as I’ve been typing up the script to Dirge 2 recently I spent a long time just staring off into the distance trying to think up the perfect line that not to heavy of text. Doesn’t always come easy. The worse part was when I couldn’t think of the best way to say a line and it was getting to me, I looked down and in the corner of the screen is this little animated paperclip that comes with the Word program with this really bored look on his face. I never liked this little animated paperclip but I never notice that if you don’t type for a bit he starts to look bored. I mean it was almost too much. I’m stuck on a line and I’m being mocked by the little git. Who the hell thought up this annoying little guy? He makes Jar Jar Binks look almost lovable. This paperclip is always looking off screen at you and I’m beginning to get a bit paranoid about him. Like he knows what I’m typing or something. With his little attention seeking animation and so on.


Found it hard to take a picture of him but you get the idea. Look how he mocks with his “Whatever” look on his little paperclip face. Who ever made this guy was clearly taking the piss. I wonder how many people in real life have given up on Novels and Scripts because of his dirty little looks he keeps shooting out?

No comments: