Friday 16 November 2007

Body Language.


I can’t remember were I read it as I must have been pretty young, but one of the first rules about comic book art work is you should be able to read the story or at least get what going on just from the art before it been lettered. This doesn’t always work out like if two characters are just talking or driving in a car having a chat. But even then you should be able to work out what kind of conversation they’re having through body language and so on. Even to this day I’ll still look at a page and see if it readable with out the text. I always enjoy body language in comics and seeing what artist do with it. Because they’re comics it mostly tends to be over blown stuff but sometimes it’s nice to have some more natural positions going on in your work as well.

This is a shot of The Inspector (still no name) hopefully looking like his saying something witty or making some kind of joke.

No comments: