Monday 7 May 2007

Town Of Culture.

I was up the Job centre the other day flicking through the part time jobs when a job title came up on the screen that made my little evil heart sing. The job advertised was “Sandwich Artist.” That would be the perfect job I thought. Sitting around all day drawing sandwiches. The only thing that would of made it better was if you could then eat the sandwich once you’ve finished drawing it. But sadly when I checked out the details the actual job was just making up sandwiches. No drawing them. Probably no eating them either. I wondered what the whole “Artist” part was about? If I had taken the job could I then start writing swear words with the Mayonnaise? Put the bread in the middle and the filling on the outside and say I was being Postmodern? My guess is they were just taking the piss, but to be fair though there is an art to making a good sandwich.

Also this Bank Holiday (today) is my Brother birthday. I went out last week to get him something and after a couple of hours of shopping came home with a computer game and felt pretty chuffed with my choice. So my Brother comes round for his present today and as he walks through the door I see his holding a plastic bag. Before I can say anything he dips into this bag and pulls out two games and says “One for you to borrow and one you can keep.” And hands me the games. One was Resident Evil 4 which I could borrow and one was The Getaway which I could keep as he said he already had three copies. I hand him his present and said he’d better open it. He opened it to find yet another copy of The Getaway. Feeling bad I said I’d hold on to it and buy him another game later in the week So as it stands I now have two copies of The Getaway and another game to buy this week. I am chuffed no more.

Anyway I’ll leave you with this poster I saw the other night while walking home from a postcard gallery show in a local cafĂ© (a couple of friends were in the show and I said I’d tag along and show my support.)


This poster made me laugh in a very childish way.

No comments: