Thursday 17 May 2007

Finger For A Toothbrush.

I haven’t been around for the last couple of days as I went up to Canterbury with friends for a quick break. The trip started off badly with me buying the wrong, more expensive ticket and then my zip got caught on one of the benches and ripped off ruining my only winter coat and meaning I couldn’t zip it up in all this shitty rain from the last couple of days. Plus I’m too poor to buy a new one. But once it all got underway it was a pretty cool trip. The night seem to just turn into a blur of random events, from friends climbing trees and pretending to be apes and screaming at passer by (until they heard a police car and thought someone had called the cops), to Ant eating, and destroying some poor girls umbrella. It was a good night (I’m still finding little cuts all over my hands and wrist’s from an over stacked tower of Shot glasses, that fell over and smashed all over the table.)

The sleeping arrangements were a bit grim. The whole night reminded me of my college days. I have to confess I've been missing my college days lately. That slumming it life style has a charm and something everybody got to go through, but saying that after five minutes trying to sleep on a two-seater couch in some strange house I was missing home. I’m not the best sleeper at the best of times, so sleeping out can be rough. My hang over (probably brought on by dehydration) had already started to set in and with my head hanging over one side and the legs hanging over the other side of the couch, all I could think was “Fuck the slumming it life style”. I probably got an hour sleep at the most.



I’m not saying my days of sleeping on Floors\Couches and using my finger as a Toothbrush are over (sadly) but I’m in no rush to go “slumming it” again.

However I did splash out on some new comics. A graphic novel of old EC Vault Of Horror comics and a couple of freaky looking manga’s. Plus a couple of other comics.
Also while we were staggering about looking for some breakfast before catching the train back I was forced just to buy something\anything to hold me over until I got home. I came across the tastiest snack of all time. In an indoor market they sell these freshly baked gooey white chocolate covered in a crispy wrap with a little icing sugar on top (think of a fancy crispy version of those kinder bars without the chocolate). At a £1 each they weren’t cheap and they were so sweet I felt sick after eating two. But I still got one left for tomorrow to look forward to (if it makes it through the night).


Anyway even with my hour sleep I still managed to get some work done and will post some in the coming days.

No comments: