Sunday 27 May 2007

Frustration.

It’s been a very frustrating week. Feels like I’ve been running around like a mad man without really getting anything done. I’ve been irritated by on-off toothache, a dodgy laptop that won’t let me burn files to make much needed room on my hard drive. Wondering how I’m going to deal with my toothache\broken CD burner without emptying what left of my bank account. The weather is driving me mad. It grey and over shadowed and looks like it’s going to rain any second and yet it was still bright enough for me to get sunburn twice this week. It also to hot to work during the daytime. I have to wait until the sun sets to start drawing and so haven’t drawn half as much as I wanted to this week.

Still it’s not all doom and gloom. I went into my local Waterstones and saw a new Love and rockets graphic novel had just been released. When I found out it was only £10 I took it straight to the cute girl on the till. When she said it was £7.99 I thought she must of scanned it wrong but as I left the shop I checked the receipt and to my surprise found printed in bold type “Special Offer -2”. I don’t know what I did to earn this special offer. There was no sticker on the book and I didn’t buy anything else. So in total its 271 pages for just £7.99 and Love and rockets is one of my favourite comics of all time. I’ve just finished my EC Vault of horror graphic novel as bedtime reading so this new Love and rockets comic is much needed.

See that the way the world should be. Not faulty laptops and toothache.

I have to cling to these little moments of joy.

No comments: