Saturday 19 February 2022

After The Storm.

One thing I can now tick off my 'Bucket-List' is seeing a massive Tree fall over in real time in real life thanks to Storm Eunice after witnessing one toppling behind my back-garden fence yesterday.

I was really surprises how quickly it all happened. First there was a loud fast cracking sound like a Shotgun blast going off, and before it had even finishes, the tree was slamming into the ground taking other smaller trees with it. It was pretty terrifying.

One big concern I do have now is how badly hit was local wildlife after yesterday troubles... I'm a little worried for the Squirrel (and his buddies) from my recent post and hope they weren't living in that particular tree and got to safety. As well as a Fox family that also lives in that area who I hope weren't crushed in their Den when the tree came down. I've been keeping an eye out for them, but haven't seen or heard anything from the little critters that live behind my fence yet, which is making me feel a little nervous.   

I also hope any fellow UK readers are doing ok, and didn't suffer too much yesterday?

For some reason my windows are filthy now. Eunice must have been one dirty storm.

No comments: