Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy New Year.

Considering 2017 was meant to be the year I took things a bit easier, it no doubt in the end has become my busiest year to date. From releasing SLASH-UPS, and re-releasing Brides Of Babayka, to mine and James’s crypt base Halloween Art Show. I don’t think there’s ever been a year that comes close to this one in terms of output. Although I was very proud of the first edition of Brides Of Babayka, I’ve learnt so much doing the second edition and SLASH-UPS this year. That said, I could have done without the hours and hours of resizing and uploading pages, though. That was hard going.

A few highlights from the year include:

* SLASH-UPS selling out at Orbital Comics in London.

* Getting very drunk in a real life haunted crypt.

* St Mary In The Castle buying a copy of my Art Show poster for the building.

My plans for 2018 are just more of the same, really. Continue working on Babayka Land and maybe trying to squeeze in an odd Babayka\Yana pin-up when time allows. Also trying to do the odd non-Babayka related pin-up in 2018, too. 

I’ve also got a hunkering to both do another Dracula pin-up this year, after not doing one for a few years. And also trying to pick up a cheap second-hand DSLR Camera and maybe start trying to get back into Photography. Although I hold out less hope of either of these two happening, due to lack of time. But we’ll see…

So anyway, a big thank you to anyone who showed Babayka-Lives or SLASH-UPS some love in 2017. It’s business as usual for me in early 2018, as I try and get a couple of projects off the ground over the next couple of months.

There’s also still a couple more instalments of Babayka Land before a brief hiatus in early 2018. After the team breaks into two, who is hunting who, as game plans are put into action on Babayka-Lives.

No comments: