Sunday 19 February 2017

Horror Sub-Genre Suggestions?

The nice thing about doing these recent model\monster mash-up pin-ups (I really need to think up a better name for them, lol), is that it’s given me a chance to try out horror sub-genres I never usually would. From the inbred, backwoods slasher goings on of Uncle Gnaw. To the buzz-saw wielding mad doctor antics of yesterdays freshly posted pin-up. It’s been fun to try out new things and ideas recently.

This has got me curious, though… is there any sub-genre of horror I’ve never done before that people would like to see me do? Any themes folks would like to see me tackle in 2017?

To get the ball rolling, here are just a few off the top of my head I’ve never done before:

Nature Runs Amok Horror: Think Jaws or The Birds.

Ooze Horror: I’ve just read Dissolving Classroom by Junji Ito, so I’m kind of in the mood for something along these lines at the moment. The only downside is, it might be a bit too much of an ask for any model who I worked with on it, though, lol, getting gunges.

Femme Fatale: Ok… I know this genre very well, as anyone who reads Babayka-Lives knows… but… up till now, I’ve had models just as Scream Queens style normal women. Would people like to see me do some female horror monsters pin-ups working with models, maybe? Scary succubuses? Killer nurses? Rabid mermaids?  Demented lollipop-lady? Ok, maybe not that last one.

Or failing all that… any particular monster or monsters you’d love to see me take a stab at drawing soon? Or maybe even something I’ve tackled before once, that you wish I’d go back and do a follow up to, maybe?

Comment below, or ‘Note Me’ on Deviantart, or just email me at the usual address if you do have a suggestion. I’d love to hear them all, if people do.

Also, just a quick reminder that Babayka-Lives does indeed return this coming weekend (the 25th.) Newton, Elizabeth and Oleg may have seen off the hungry wolf-pack, but you can be sure their troubles are only just getting started, as they face-off against the new armed strangers. Tune in this Saturday to see what happens next.

No comments: