Saturday 18 February 2017

Cut Here: Coloured.


And so on to the colour version of this pin-up. The black and white version can be found below this post.

I actually had less of a plan going into colouring this one, then I usually do when colouring up an image. But I think that actually worked in my favour this time. It gave me room to play around a little, and try out a couple of ideas.

I ended up going for a less is more approach to this image. I usually try and build up a little bit of dread by using morbid colours, but this time I went with a more limited palette, and aim more for a sterile and bleached out kind of tone. The red of her lips and the blood on the buzz-saw are the only sharp colours going on.

I also tried to get a little bit of discrete lens-flare going on in there. I know a lot of people dislike the use of lens-flare in art, but hopefully it’s subtle enough it doesn’t take anything away from the final image, or draw too much attention to itself.

Over all I’m pretty happy with the ideas I tried out in this pin-up, and the final look.

Again… a massive thanks to Amy Crosby for modelling and photographing herself for this pin-up. You can find her very cool photos, which are really worth checking out HERE.

No comments: