Thursday 16 February 2017

Cut Here: B&W.


So the biggest thing that happen in 2016 was I started doing a side-project where I work with models on horror\scream queen type pin-ups. This is actually something I’d been wanting to do for a while, and made a nice change from working on Babayka-Lives, and I really enjoyed getting to collaborate with other people, rather than working solo.

So it was nice to start the year in the same manner, working with photographer and model Amy Crosby on this new pin-up, as she finds herself prep for some unnecessary surgery by a sinister looking surgeon. Can she free herself and escape the buzz-saw in time?

There are lots of sub-genres in horror I’ve never tackled before. Mad Doctor is one of them. I was a big fan of movies like Re-Animator and Dr Giggles growing up, so this is my little homage to those.

The pin-up itself really come from me thinking it was cool and menacing to have an image where you know the bad guys intentions, because of the surgery markings. I think this pin-up was about building up tension, as both the viewer and girl know what he has in mind, thanks to his cruel pen marks. I would have loved to have drawn him drawing on the dotted lines, too. It would have been a good, creepy scene.

A massive thanks to Amy for taking time out of her super busy schedule recently to model for me. You can find Amy’s photos HERE, which are well worth checking out. She’s also one of the best Harley Quinn cosplayers I’ve ever seen.

Tune in very soon to see this Pin-up in colour.

No comments: