Thursday 18 February 2016

Babayka Land Begins.

So as many of you may know, Babayka-Lives returns this coming Saturday (the 20th), with the start of the second book in this web-series… Babayka Land.

For diehard canon fans, Babayka Land takes place around four months after the events of Brides Of Babayka (look out for a little nod at the start to something mentioned at the end of B.O.B.) I’m reluctant to give any real synopsis of Book Two, but let’s just say the hunt for Babayka is on.

I kind of saw the job of Book One as to introduce the characters of Babayka and the Brides, and where they live and what they do to readers. With Book Two, now the groundwork is out the way, it’s more about world building, and character development. As mentioned, the follow up won’t be another ‘group of unwitting strangers are tricked into visiting the hotel and are picked off one-by-one’ story, as I feel that tell has been told in B.O.B. (even though there are those who would maybe just want that from Book Two.) I wanted Book Two to be a bit more unpredictable, and menacing, as well as its own story, and not just a clone of Brides Of Babayka, although there will be plenty of nods to the first book.

Again… just to mention with the start of Babayka Land, the art will be moving to a half-page, landscape format. This is both so there can be more updates during the year (although Babayka-Lives will still be updated weekly and on Saturdays), and because I feel it looks and reads better on computer-screens and devices.

So I hope regular readers will be excited about the start of Babayka Land, and be tuning in this Saturday for the first instalment over on Babayka-Lives.

Just a quick follow up on my previous post. I am currently still open to the idea of doing a Pin-up swap with other artists on creator owned projects. If you do an indy webcomic or horror project and would be interested in doing one, get in contact. Please read my previous blog post entitled ’Creator-owned Pin-Up Swap’ for the details.

Any feedback, fan-art, questions or inquires are also welcomed. It’s always nice to sign into my deviantart page\email inbox and see correspondence waiting. You can get in contact with me either through deviant art, or by simply Emailing me.

No comments: