Friday 6 March 2015

Sewer Snatcher 2.


Well first things first. It looks like my new internet services has kicked in a little sooner than was expected. So tune in tomorrow to see Page-78 posted on time over on Babayka-Lives. (HINT: we’re be returning to Julian’s room, as Vera is held at knifepoint.)

I also promises to post my go at the Draw This Again Meme challenge a few weeks ago, before my internet again cruelly cut out just after midnight on Friday the 13th last month, and I had to switch internet providers. So here it is posted above finally. Give yourself a pat on the back if you guess I’d be redrawing Sewer Snatcher from 2010. I was always a little disappointed with how the girl and monster came out in the 2010 original. So here was my chance to put that right after five years. I change the hippy looking super heroine to a sultry streetwalker this time around. I always regretted putting in a superhero element in what should have been a horror pin-up first time around. I was glad to get a chance to fix that. I also was never happy with the way the sewer monster came out in the original either. I think the creature’s design was lacking a little in the first pin-up, so I change it to a gross giant bug. It fits the theme of the artwork a lot better, I think. I also added more tentacles this time around. Make it look like she’s got less chance of escaping this time around. I think the background works a little better in the 2015 pin-up, too. I tried to make it a bit tidier, and more space out.

Hope people enjoy this rare chance of seeing me redrawing an old piece of artwork. If you’d like to see the newer Sewer Snatcher pin-up in more detail, head over to my deviantart page now, where I’ve just posted it on its own.

Also for all Tapastic readers, I’ve just uploaded pages 33-36 on my account tonight for people following Brides Of Babayka on there.

It’s feels very good to be back online.

No comments: