Saturday 20 December 2014

Babayka-Lives First Anniversary.


It in no way feels like a whole year, but it’s true, Babayka-Lives.com went live one year ago today. It was never the plan to launch four days before the biggest holiday of the year. In fact it was meant to start in late November 2013, but if I remember rightly, there was just one problem after another in late 2013 (including having to build the whole site again from scratch, and a few problems with my web-hosting services that took up a fair amount of time.) So the 20th of December it was. A big thank you to everyone who has checked Babayka-Lives out over the pass year. It’s a huge buzz to know people are tuning in week-after-week for the next instalment, and hope you’ve enjoyed the past year’s storyline and artwork.      

To mark the occasion, it seems fitting to do a pin-up as a thank you to all readers. Since we’ve had two Yana pin-ups in a row already this year, this time I thought I’d do a one starring Vera. I just one day had this vision of a Bride in a bloody onesie, and thought it was too funny\morbid not to do. I think the concept fits with Vera’s personality quite well, so I choose her. Annoying fact is I thought this would be a fast, fun shot to do, but ended up taking me twice as long as I thought it would. Maybe a bit longer than that even. Vera in a onesie joins Yana’s selfie as pin-ups that will probably feel very dated by the time Book 2 is finishes, and they’re printed in the back like with Book 1.You can also find copies on the Babayka-Lives Message Board and my Deviantart page (while you’re on my deviantart page, you can also check out pages 67 and 68, which I also posted up today to mark this event.)

So here we are one year on… and on today’s instalment over on Babayka-Lives, we rejoin Kevin Moon, as he finds out the hard way that messing with The Brides Of Babayka gets you on the business end of a knitting-needle, large bladder and foot pump. Can he escape before the New Year? Keep reading to find out. Also plenty of spooky teddies action going on today, over on the web-comic. I got a lot of mileage out of Yana’s bears. Their cold, dead button eyes silently witnessing evil deeds being done, for some reason intrigued me. There’s even a rumour they may make a return in Book 2, but no promises.

So just to sum up… A massive thank you to all of those who have been checking Babayka-Lives out during 2014. Hope ya’ll all stick around for 2015. It’s gonna be bloody… awesome.

No comments: