Friday 15 August 2014

Second Animated Ad.


Web Ad spaces online are very weird shapes. I guess so they can kind of poke in around the sides, or underneath content on the web. They’re not the best sizes for trying to show off artwork in, though, sadly. Web Ads are too elongated and thin. Not big enough to do anything too grand in. Above is my attempt to try and do a leaderboard style Animated Ad. I think it came out ok. Like the first Ad, I used my recent Yana’s Crimson Smile pin-up for the artwork. With Babayka taking a backseat for most of this story, I’m more and more starting to think of Yana as my web-comic’s lead character. She’s fast becoming the poster child of this web-series.

Tune into Babayka-Lives tomorrow to see if you guessed right on what Kevin Moon just found underfoot in the hallway, as he walked back to his room (I’m almost tempted to give a prize to those that do guess it.) With page 50 going up tomorrow, we’re exactly halfway through Brides Of Babayka now. Tomorrow’s page will be the final page of Chapter 2. Each chapter is a little bit more messed up than the last, so expect very gruesome things from Chapter 3. No spoilers, but all I’ll say is this… knitting-needle.

No comments: