Saturday 21 June 2014

Yana’s Crimson Smile.


Blood drench women seems to be a theme these last couple of weeks. First my Alina caught in the crossfire gif from last week, and now this recent pin-up. I’ve always shied away from doing giant close up face shots. They’re tricky and hard to pull off. But I was feeling brave these last couple of weeks, and so thought I’d give it a go. It was both fun and nerve racking to flick ink at a piece of artwork this big. I only had one go at doing it, too. No room for mistakes. I think all-in-all it came out looking ok. I like the creepy smile.  

My plan is to do the odd pin-up now-and-then between sequential pages for my web-comic. I think the pin-ups in the back of Brides Of Babayka look pretty snazzy, and if there is a book 2, I’d like to do a similar thing (if not bigger and better.)

And if that hasn’t fulfilled your Yana fix for the weekend, it’s a pretty Yana heavy page over on Babayka-Lives this week.

No comments: