Saturday 12 April 2014

Yana Selfie.


I posted this pin-up on my DA page a couple of days ago, as my account hit the big 10,000 mark. I haven’t drawn Yana for a while, so doing this shot was a big thrill for me. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve kind of fallen under the spell of the recent craze of sexy girls taking selfies of themselves. Yana being a beautiful, young girl barely in her twenties, it didn’t seem out of character for her to get in on the act, also. Once I had the idea a few weeks ago, I knew I had to draw it. I think this shot came out ok, actually. I spent ages trying to get the body languages just right. I think this is one of my favourite drawings I’ve ever done of Yana.    

Still not a 100% sure if there will be a Babayka: Book 2, but if there is, I will differently put the above pin-up in the extras section. Will probably throw in my web-comic header, too, so people can have a printed physical copy of that as well. Anybody still hungry for Yana pin-ups should check out the graphic-novel. I drew an exclusive Yana, Vera and a mystery third guest share a bath pin-up in the back of the book.  

Speaking of Vera, there’s no Yana in this week’s instalment, but Vera and Klara both pop up. (Since I’m namedropping a lot of Brides in this week post, I’m gonna end by putting this helpful girls character sheet link in, so people don’t get too confused about who’s who.)

No comments: