Saturday 22 February 2014

Unofficial Soundtrack.

Yikes! I guess this weekend’s scene on Babayka-Lives, is the scene where the worm really turns in this tale. I have to say Page 21 is another one of my favourites from Chapter One. This page is maybe a few years old now, but I still have a soft spot for it, as imperfect as it may be. I just wanted this shot to shout “TIMBER!!!” at the reader.

I thought I’d post this tune this weekend, as I heard it in late 2012, and I think it complements Brides Of Babayka really well. If I had to make an unofficial soundtrack to go along with this web-comic, this would be track number one. If many years from now, by some vast miracle, someone ever made a movie out of this book, this would be the tune I’d personally pick to go over the opening credits. I think there’s a weird crossover in tone. Ridiculous, but kind of creepy, too. Maybe it’s a British thing?



Also, I know this is a pretty unrealistic request, and the chances of this actually happening are very slim to say the least, but any musicians readers who fancy doing some (is there a name for fan-fiction done with music?) Babayka inspired music, are more than welcome to have a stab. I’ve just been listening to a lot of Murray Gold Doctor Who music this week on youtube, and I’d get a massive buzz if anyone reading this with some musical talent, could put together a half-decent creepy theme to go along with this web-series. If anyone fancies it, by all means let your inner John Carpenter off the hook, and write this comic a jingle. Jaws and Michael Myers have their own theme-tune, what would Babayka’s be? Submissions, as always, to this Email address.

No comments: