Saturday 19 October 2013

D.I.Y. Zombie.


I have to confess two things about the above sketch… 1. It’s not a new drawing. In fact it’s one of the first sketches I did when I got my sketchbook a year or two ago. 2. I’m not a 100% sure I haven’t posted it before. I’m fairly confident I haven’t, let’s put it that way. Hopefully it won’t look familiar to any long term readers. Also back then, I had this dancing eyeball motif going on in my early pages, some of which you can see in this scan. I think they’ve got a bit of a Daniel Johnston vibe going on (which is no bad thing.)

Spent a lot of this week looking over my proofread copy of my graphic novel. It’s a very weird feeling to finally hold a copy in my hands after so long drawing it. It feels very strange. I’m realizing more and more these days, that to do anything cool, first you have to do a truckload of boring admin stuff first. Which is kind of where I am right now. I guess it’s a necessary evil, but it’s suckling on my creativity like a vampire.

No comments: