Friday 6 September 2013

Nom Nom Nasties.


This above faux 50’s horror cover has actually been finished and even up on my deviantart page for a week now, but I didn’t post it last week, as I thought it may be unfair to any readers of Monster Hit Squad, who were waiting for that final page. But I guess now is a good time to post it here.

This might be my favourite thing I’ve drawn all summer. I liked my previous Ned Kelly Vs The Undead cover, but feel this one looks more like a lost EC cover, which was the vibe I was originally going for. Again, I wish I had the photoshop skills\time to colour this cover up to look like an old, brown, mouldy EC comic that’s super old. I think it’s probably the scariest thing I’ve drawn all summer, certainly.

It’s not until you try and come up with a horror anthology title yourself, that you realize what a good title Creepshow is. It sounds like a 50’s horror comic, and it’s a witty pun, too. I wouldn’t say my title was anywhere near as good as that. I just mashed up Video Nasties and the om nom nom gag. I fall in-and-out of love with my title. It wouldn’t work as well, if not for the theme of the image below.

Note: See how Torror has now wisely been corrected to Terror at the top left-hand side. Not one of my proudest moments “sob!” “sob!”

Just started watching the first season of Hannibal on Blu-ray last night. I’m only two episodes in, and it hasn’t 100% won me over yet, but I am kind of into it. I think it’s an amazingly well cast show. I think Mads Mikkelsen was born to play Doctor Lecter. It also made me laugh that there is a flyer for Chianti wine that comes in the Blu-ray case. That’s good marketing.

No comments: