Saturday 3 August 2013

Everybody Loves Playing Horsey.


It’s not been a great week for getting artwork done, to be honest. My time and efforts have been spent on less exciting computer stuff this last week. I’ve got some big plans for the second half of this year, but these plans involve many soulless hours at my laptop (maybe soulless is a bit strong?) I managed to do a bit of sketching this week, however. Maybe a bit burnt out on the horror stuff right now. Thought I’d go against type and draw something nice this week. Just two great friends hanging and playing horsey. What could be more wholesome? I’d love to hear someone try and twist this and say there’s anything sinister, or unsavoury going on in this sketch. Just a girl and tiny, purple, potbellied, monster BFF having a play-date.

Is it wrong that I’m genuinely a bit nervous about the announcement of the 12th Doctor tomorrow? I just think the last three years have been some of the best Doctor Who of all time. A new golden-age, if you will. Being a horror guy, I like the more serious, darker tone of the last three seasons (even if they still, after seven seasons, haven’t done a decent Cybermen story yet.) Right now, as a Doctor Who fan, I’ve got my fingers crossed for three things. A decent and scary Cybermen story in the near future. An awesome 12th Doctor, and some new 8th Doctor material in the 50th anniversary episode. The 8th Doctor’s in desperate need of more screen-time and canon.

No comments: