Saturday 27 July 2013

Ned Kelly Vs The Undead.


I know doing faux Grindhouse trailers and movies has been very fashionable these last few years, and if I was a film maker, I’d probably be making my own fake trailers. I’ve seen a similar thing online where comic artists have done faux 50’s horror comic covers, and as a horror comic book artist, that’s something I can join in with. So here’s mine. A lost, grimy horror comic that never was. Ned Kelly Vs The Undead. It’s an idea I’ve been playing with for a while now, and after reading the excellent The Horror The Horror by Jim Trombetta recently, I thought I’d finally man-up and give it a go. I wish I had more time and better colouring skills, so I could give it a 50’s colour job. Maybe put some texture on it and age it up a bit so it looks like a real, lost, 50’s EC style comic (anybody who really does have these skills and is reading this is more then welcome to have a go. Get in contact and I’ll send you a high-res copy.) It’s maybe not a great idea to try and do art in the middle of a heat-wave, but I gave it a go. It wasn’t a pleasant experience drawing this, but I think it came out ok in the end. It is my first stab at doing one.

On a quick note, I think the zombie on the far right is the best zombie I’ve ever drawn. If all my zombies came out like that one, I’d be inclined to do more zombie stuff (not that the world really needs more zombie comics right now.)

Elsewhere… saw this in the world of art and it made me laugh.

No comments: