Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Final Chapter.

As I start prep work for Issue #4, the last issue. I just wanted to visualizes something I’ve had swimming around in my head since about Summer 2009. Long term projects are incredibly hard and grating, which is why most people are smart enough to avoid them. Being born in the digital age, I always saw this massive project set out ahead of me as a giant download bar in my head. Every once in a while, I will work out how much I’ve got done, and then see the download bar fill in a little bit more in my mind. Back in the early days, this was a grim practices, as the bar was so low and empty, it seemed undoable. I don’t know why I would do this, as early on it was just torture, seeing how little I’d done, and how far I had to go. Many times I didn’t want to see that image in my head, and tried not to think about it, but it’s kind of stuck with me these past few years. I may not be finished yet, but at least I’m at a point now where I don’t wince every time that bar pops into my head. In fact, what once was a form of mental self-abuse, is now a welcome sight in my mind’s eye. It’s way too early for celebrations, but I can kind of see the top of the mountain now. Most people give up on long term projects in the very early stages, so as they haven’t lost much time on it. At 75%, even if it was the worse graphic-novel of all time, I’d be a fool not to finish it. So I thought I’d make this little gremlin real and post it here. It’s not often in life you get to see someone else’s imaginary demon. Enjoy.



I really love this short animation. How can you not love something that references The Thing, Lovecraft, and City Of The Living Dead in a hundred and forty-five seconds? I don’t know if they have 'Countdown' outside of the UK, so the joke may be a little lost on some. But I think this short is awesome, and would recommend checking it out regardless.

 

And then check out this claymation of The Thing in 3D… Hmmmm, didn’t this used to be Pingo? Pretty shitty thing to do, if Pingo set his lawyers on this guy or something. It’s only a fan-film. Aren’t films like these protected as they’re parodies?

 

No comments: