Friday 25 May 2012

Art Is Hard.


It’s too hot to draw right now. I wasted two-and-a-half hours last night, trying to lay down some rough layouts for a pin up I wanted to do. All I ended up with in the end was a blank A3 sheet of Bristol Board, with a lot of rubbing-out marks on it. I was angry about this last night (or about as angry as you can get in this heat), but today I had to go down town to top-up my phone, and noticed a lot of girls wearing really short denim hot-pants, and suddenly my angry towards, and hatred of the summer lifted, just like that.

That’s the thing about the summer, it’s soooooo hot, I can’t think straight, and I’m sweating out my ears. Everything’s ten-times harder in the summer, and work is suffering. Yet, you see one pretty girl out-and-about, and all is forgiven.

On a less sleazy note… why is it so hard to get books of photo-reference of Victorian London? I always thought there would be dozens of books of this nature, but turns out not so. This also made me really mad when I was in the local bookshop today looking for such a book, and having no luck… until I notices the cute girl behind the counter wearing the world’s tightest pair of jeans, and all was well again.

I’m just gonna post a bit of art above… just to break the awkward, pervy tension… I like this shot, as it’s me playing around with, and trying to suggest menace with shadow.

No comments: