Thursday 3 November 2011

Back To The Bar.

Another big shot from the opening of Issue #3 today.

One of the movies I watched over my recent Halloween binge weekend, was a British Werewolf movie called The Beast Must Die. I’ve got a soft spot for good Werewolf movies, but they’re hard to find. They’re a lot harder to come by then good Vampire or Zombie movies. This film is like a really good Werewolf movie, with a really bad Werewolf as the star (an Alsatian painted black, I kid you not.) Thank God for the 80’s and The Howling and American Werewolf In London. Even a really bad Werewolf make-up job (and there’s plenty about) is better then a dog painted black. In fact, I tend to be more forgiving with bad Werewolf special effects, as it’s not as easy as slapping in fake fangs or funky contact lenses like with Zombies Or Vampires. But dyed dogs aside, actually, pretty good movie. It’s different, I’ll give it that. With its 30 second pause so you can try and guess who the Werewolf is at the end.

No comments: