Friday 27 August 2010

Hell Comes To Frogtown.

Hell Comes To Frogtown is a movie I’ve been hooked on lately. It all started when I came across the poster on the internet. How could I have never heard of this film? Roddy Piper battling humanoid toads. It sounded too good not to look up. Usually at this point with B-movies, you try and hunt down a copy on DVD and find there’s no Region 2 or it’s so rare you’d have to pay a small fortune for a second-hand copy. I got lucky as I found a new copy and for cheap (doesn’t happen often, so I savoured the moment.) I think it a little lost gem from the 80’s, myself. This movie couldn’t be more 80’s if it tried. I think it’s a cult classic. Now all I need to do is hunt down a copy of Immortal Combat. Sonny Chiba and Roddy Piper in a buddy cop movie. I’d watch that… just so long as I didn’t have to pay a small fortune.

No comments: